Let your customers buy their next meal directly from your app in Facebook. We help you make it happen. Check out the recipe below.
- Login to facebook with your account
- Go to APP
- Press create new app at the top right
- Put an app name for example: My Restaurant Name
- Put an app namespace for example: myrestaurantname, this will determine the app url.
- Press save and you will be redirected
- In this new page write down the App ID, the App Secret and the Canvas Page as you will need to enter them on menugurus in step #12. But not worry as you may come back to the APP and see these values.
- Click on App On Facebook at the middle of the page and put: (this is very important and please note the http vs https difference)
- Canvas URL: http://www.menugurus.com/restaurant/facebook_app.php?restaurant_id=YOUR_RESTAURANT_ID
- Secure Canvas URL: https://www.menugurus.com/restaurant/facebook_app.php?restaurant_id=YOUR_RESTAURANT_ID
- You can get this urls from menugurus restaurant manager, just click on the restaurant and then in Urls.
- Save changes
- Now at the left side menu click on Auth Dialog. Its recommended to put a:
- Subtitle for example: My Restaurant Name
- Also put a Summary for example: Lets you order food online.
- Also put a explanation for permissions for example: This app will allow you to order food and recommend your friends about some restaurant.
- Click on save changes
- Now at the left side menu click on open graph, then enter the info like this:
- People can: 'order' a: 'dish' then click save
- Then keep clicking 'save changes and next' until is done.
- Then go to menugurus restaurant manager page and in the third party integration section please put the App ID, App Secret and Canvas Page that you wrote down in step #7. Press Submit.
- Finally access the app at: https://apps.facebook.com/myrestaurantname Replace myrestaurantname with what you put in step #5
Note: If you have multiple restaurants you can do this for each restaurant.
If you have any questions please let us know.